A Texarkana mother and baby are safe after their house caught fire and exploded just after 10 p.m. Wednesday.
When the Texarkana Fire Department arrived at home in the 2000 block of Pearl Street, they found smoke coming from the attic space of the residence. Firefighters say Tasha Pool and her 18-month-old child were asleep inside the house when neighbors began beating on her door, telling her the house was on fire.
Both the mother and child escaped the home before fire crews arrived. As firefighters entered the house, a backdraft blew out the insulation from the house.